Parent Portal Instructions
GRADEBOOK PARENT PORTAL
The Parent Portal is a unique web-based tool that allows you to securely view your child’s grades and attendance online. You can register to receive e-mail or text notifications when your child is absent or when his or her grades drop below a point you identify. Additionally, you will be able to communicate directly with your child’s teachers, enhancing the opportunity for parent-teacher interaction.
How to Obtain a Parent Portal Account
2. At the login screen, click on “Click here to sign up.”
3. Complete Parent Account Signup. Here you will enter basic information and create a username and password. Complete all required fields marked by an *.
4. Provide an email address to be alerted when your student’s grades drop or when they are marked absent.
5. Please read the User Agreement and click the terms of usage.
6. Click “Sign Up” at the bottom of screen.
Linking Your Student(s) Record
1. The first time you login you will see a message on the screen. Click the link at the bottom of the message, “Add a student to my account.” This will bring you to the Application for Access to New Students.
2. Complete the online form. You will need to enter your student’s CPS ID number and the PIN number (this has been provided within the Parent Portal letter in the mailing). Click Submit. You can repeat this process if you have more than one student at participating CPS schools.
3. You can now view your student’s grades, assignments, and attendance history.